The deadline for receipt of applications under Tolka Area Partnership's Educational Hardship Fund has been extended to the 29th of September.
The fund is available to support the cost of travel to and from college.
· Open to those who are social welfare dependent / low income families looking to participate in full time 3rd level education
· Mature Students 21 and over participating at FETAC/HETAC level 6-8 in State Colleges
· Direct progression students from Leaving Cert to level 5-8 course
· Must live within the TAP catchement area.
On the 29th September in the RDS, in conjunction with the Labour Market Council, a Back to Work Masterclass and Jobs Expo will be held. This event will offer attendees the opportunity to:
1. Meet with employer who are actively recruiting
2. Learn what employers look for when seeking new employees by talking directly with HR teams
3. Gain advice on CV preparation, interview skills and job searching tips at seminars which will take place during the
4. Avail of one to one career coaching
This event is in addition to a range of activities taking place throughout the country which include:
When: October 2014
Call for Expressions of Interest
The seminar will outline the key components of the risk management
cycle and the potential implications for your organisations. It is aimed at
managers and members of the boards of directors of community-based
The Tús Initiative was formally launched by the Department of Social Protection in early 2011. As a community work placement programme, Tús provides short-term, quality work opportunities to unemployed men and women, while at the same time enabling the host organisation to provide much needed services in their communities.
The aim of the new Childcare Training & Development Programme is to provide Community Employment participants interested in pursuing a career in childcare with training and qualifications in the childcare sector, quality experience, and a clear career path.
Garda Vetting is a requirement for this programme.
How do I Participate on a Community Employment Childcare Programme?
The Tolka Area Partnership Internship Service continues across our Finglas and Cabra offices with a number of notable placements. The demand for Internships is growing steadily as more participants view Internships as a way of gaining vital skills and experience in their chosen career path.
Tús is a community work placement scheme that provides short term work placement opportunities for unemployed people.
Unemployed people are referred to Tolka Area Partnership’s Tús scheme by the Department of Social Protection. TAP then sources suitable work placements for individuals.
Work placements are provided through community and voluntary organisations such as sports and social clubs, local charitable organisations, youth clubs etc. TAP staff work with local organisations to identify possible work placement roles and support those organisations in taking on unemployed individuals through the scheme. Once placed participants work 19.5 hours per week for one year.